About the Business Improvement District (BID)
The Kilbirnie Business Network is a local business organisation focused on developing and enhancing the success of Kilbirnie for the benefit of the wider community.
By uniting the efforts of local businesses, fostering a spirit of collaboration, and coordinating local initiatives, the organisation can help ensure Kilbirnie thrives into the future.
Kilbirnie Business Network is funded by way of a targeted rate. It is important to note that only buildings currently paying commercial rates within the areas pay the targeted BID rate. The building owner pays the targeted rate, they then have the option to on charge it to their tenants.
- The desire to create a unique, strong vibrant community in a high density city fringe suburb.
- Profitable and successful businesses which are well supported by the significantlocal population.
- Redefined to fully reflect the opportunities of 21st century urban living.
- It is a place of exceptional lifestyle options and the location of choice for people to work, live and play.
- Kilbirnie is Wellington’s poster child for embracing modern medium density urban living.
- Kilbirnie is renowned for dynamic progressive thinking, new development and progress and has real ambition to be a vibrant place which embraces change.
- Kilbirnie is explicit about its desire to be a flagship city fringe suburb for new ways of living, working and playing. We actively own the notion of change in a powerful, positive way.
- It’s a place where we want people to aspire to live, work and play. It’s the place our future generations will want to be a part of, a place that sets an international benchmark for achieving balanced living in a 21st century city fringe suburb.
The Kilbirnie Business Network Committee – 2017/18
- Bruce Welsh – Rimu Architects
- Geoff Kiddle – Kilbirnie Unichem Pharmacy
- Anthony Dey – The Brentwood
- Sam Hughes - Habit Health & Fitness
- Sandra Julian - Auaha Group
- Ramona Rasch - Rasch and Leong Lawyers
- Dean Gault – Pak N Save
- Jo Morris – Wellington Sewing Centre
- Steven Young – Property Owner
- Tiff Logan - Kilbirnie Dentists
The Executive Committee of the Kilbirnie Business Network meets monthly on the second Tuesday of each month. All Kilbirnie members are welcome to attend these meetings, just contact Susie Jones for more information, and to register your interest.