About the Business Improvement District (BID)
The Kilbirnie Business Network is a local business organisation focused on developing and enhancing the success of Kilbirnie for the benefit of the wider community.
By uniting the efforts of local businesses, fostering a spirit of collaboration, and coordinating local initiatives, the organisation can help ensure Kilbirnie thrives into the future.
Kilbirnie Business Network is funded by way of a targeted rate. It is important to note that only buildings currently paying commercial rates within the areas pay the targeted BID rate. The building owner pays the targeted rate, they then have the option to on charge it to their tenants.
- Kilbirnie is alive and buzzing, day and night. The abundance of specialist and niche retail stores in Kilbirnie offers a fresh experience that attracts those who are looking for something stylish and different. Easily accessible, and with a variety of quality dining experiences, Kilbirnie attracts people from across Wellington to enjoy a more intimate suburban experience that oozes charm and character.
- Kilbirnie is the sporting heart of Wellington. The thriving sports clubs and facilities complement the business and retail centre with a constant flow of people who take full advantage of what’s on offer.
- Kilbirnie has a strong local spirit that underpins a safe and vibrant community. The strong presence of owner operated businesses provides a genuine village experience; where business owners know each other and work together to create a vibrant, intimate and caring town centre community.
- Establish and prove the credibility and value of the Kilbirnie Business
- Network as a Business District Improvement Association.
- Support a clean and safe town centre environment that is welcoming and comfortable for everyone.
- Develop a recognised brand identity for Kilbirnie that connects with the town’s stories and strengths.
- Build strong relationships with key partners including the Wellington City Council, local sports clubs and sporting facilities.
The Kilbirnie Business Network Committee – 2017/18
- Bruce Welsh – Rimu Architects (Chair)
- Geoff Kiddle – Kilbirnie Unichem Pharmacy (Treasurer)
- Robyn Mathieson - Robyn Mathieson Workshop
- Anthony Dey – The Brentwood
- Dean Gault – Pak N Save
- Jo Morris – Wellington Sewing Centre
- Steven Young – Property Owner
- Tiff Logan - Kilbirnie Dentists
The Executive Committee of the Kilbirnie Business Network meets monthly on the second Tuesday of each month. All Kilbirnie members are welcome to attend these meetings, just contact Susie Jones for more information, and to register your interest.